This post may contain affiliate or referral links that help keep this site running. For more information about this, please see our Disclosure Policy. As an associate of Amazon.com/Amazon.uk/Amazon.ca/and other websites, I may earn a small commission whenever you click through a link from this site. This commission helps to support this site and keep it running. Six Dollar Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.uk/Amazon.ca.
Growing up where I did, you learned to love pumpkin recipes from an early age. One of my favorites has always been my pumpkin roll recipe. It’s so yummy! A good chocolate chip pumpkin bread is another that is high on my list! You just can’t beat a warm piece with butter!
There is just nothing like combining warm, homemade bread with sweet and delectable ingredients.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin though – pumpkin has a special place in my heart.
and once you taste how amazing this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is; it will for you too.
This recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin bread makes two loaves.
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
You Will Need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
Pumpkin Quick Bread with Chocolate Chips
To start making the best pumpkin quick bread you’ll ever taste, preheat your oven to 325° F and grease two bread pans liberally.
We do not advocate the use of margarine on this blog.
Margarine is the devil in disguise. 😉
Next, add the sugar and cream the butter sugar mixture.
If you’ve never creamed sugar and butter together, it basically just means to beat them with a mixer until they’re fully combined and have a creamy texture.
Best Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
After you have creamed the sugar and butter, add the eggs all at once.
Beat with the mixer to combine.
Now add the pumpkin puree and mix until it’s fully incorporated as well.
It will turn a rather disgusting color.
It’s all good. Your chocolate chip pumpkin bread will still taste amazing and won’t look disgusting when it’s all said and done.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Use a fork to mix them together.
Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet making sure each addition gets fully incorporated.
I do around 1/2 cup of dry at a time. Mix well after each addition.
Add in the chocolate chips and pecans if you’re using them.
Be sure to reserve a few back for the top of the loaves.
Mix well to incorporate making sure there aren’t any huge clumps of chocolate or nuts.
Pour the batter into the two bread pans and smooth out the top a bit.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and pecans on top of the loaves.
Bake both loaves at 325° F for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you enjoy this post? You may like these:
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Pumpkin Crepes Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Applesauce Cake Bars with Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
Once you try this pumpkin chocolate chip bread, I am sure it will become a staple in your home. Do you have any favorite pumpkin recipes?
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Craving a delicious quick bread recipe? This chocolate chip pumpkin bread is perfect to tame even the strongest craving!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/Domino-Sugar-Granulated-10-Pound-Bags/dp/B00060N5OW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=sugar&qid=1565626687&s=gateway&sr=8-7&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=fa850702f9a530b7ade8b44364a03842&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>granulated sugar</strong></a><br /><br />
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz can <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/365-Everyday-Value-Pumpkin-Puree/dp/B079WR32V1/ref=as_li_ss_tl?fpw=pantry&keywords=canned+pumpkin&qid=1565626780&s=pantry&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFTQlZOQUFYVllGR1MmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4MzU3MTkzMVNLNERMRU5VTUIyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4MzQyNzkzNFlRQjE0Q09SSFdTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=bd7cc0efb8b4912ec551d971a45b19ef&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>pumpkin puree</strong></a><strong> </strong>or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree<br /><br />
- 2 cups <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/365-Everyday-Value-Organic-All-Purpose/dp/B079WX9H5B/ref=as_li_ss_tl?fpw=pantry&keywords=all+purpose+flour&qid=1565626835&s=pantry&sr=8-8&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=204a0a6955d2e2c12f696dd2767d5c94&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>all-purpose flour</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1 tsp <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Ground-Cinnamon-18-oz/dp/B001PQREKM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=cinnamon&qid=1565626942&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=885d2595d72fe5f73534a26018245fc3&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>ground cinnamon</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1 tsp <a href=”https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/Qk0nJUxAPH7s-4nfjbSXJQcAAAFshqucegEAAAFKActxT9s/https://www.amazon.com/Jackies-Kitchen-Ground-Cloves-Ounce/dp/B07LCNKCQ9/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=B07LCNKCQ9&imprToken=UsihZd44j056jeLOjCAvQA&slotNum=4&fpw=pantry&keywords=cloves&qid=1565627019&s=pantry&sr=8-16&linkCode=w61&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=1d21aa552dda0a73331ac1cd3ddd5b1e&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>ground cloves</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1 tsp <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/Badia-Ground-Nutmeg-16-oz/dp/B005HHFDQM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B005HHFDQM&pd_rd_r=f64eef29-4cbd-4c11-b191-d7f6dc669f9c&pd_rd_w=nOSJ5&pd_rd_wg=rch66&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=NM07PA3QYJK3DSYDV7ME&psc=1&refRID=NM07PA3QYJK3DSYDV7ME&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=b21e8d2746fa16577e84f5209cc73507&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>ground nutmeg</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1 tsp <a href=”https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/Qk0nJUxAPH7s-4nfjbSXJQcAAAFshqucegEAAAFKActxT9s/https://www.amazon.com/Calumet-Baking-Powder-Can-5lbs/dp/B003VN7420/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=B003VN7420&imprToken=UsihZd44j056jeLOjCAvQA&slotNum=6&keywords=baking+powder&qid=1565627095&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExV084MFJSMVRRVk5CJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDkyMDQ3MlI1R0lIVU9WR0QzUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDIzNDUxMjlXNTFFODVLV01DRSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=&linkCode=w61&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=06ef0946d138c84a1cfede9c4c773e71&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>baking powder</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1/2 tsp <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Baking-Soda-Lbs/dp/B00HNSJSX2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=baking+soda&qid=1565627155&s=gateway&sr=8-3&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=c59daa59ee9727dc012abdc9ef2772fb&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>baking soda</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1/2 tsp salt<br /><br />
- 1 cup <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?k=chocolate+chips&ref=nb_sb_noss_2&linkCode=ll2&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=7945206d9674ec2b85b27d1fb2f8ea92&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>chocolate chips</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1 cup <a href=”https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/Qk0nJUxAPH7s-4nfjbSXJQcAAAFshqucegEAAAFKActxT9s/https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?imprToken=UsihZd44j056jeLOjCAvQA&slotNum=9&k=chopped+pecans&ref=nb_sb_noss_2&linkCode=w61&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=d404dacec1fd761ac092ff7d903131c7&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>chopped pecans</strong></a><br /><br /> (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 2 bread pans.
Beat butter until creamy.
Add sugar and cream butter and sugar together.
Add eggs and beat well after.
Add pumpkin puree and beat well after.
In a separate bowl, combined flour, baking soda, baking powder and all spices.
Slowly incorporate dry ingredients to wet mixing well after each addition.
Add chocolate chips and beat well after to mix. Reserve a few for the tops of loaves.
Add pecans if using. Reserve a few for the tops of loaves.
Pour batter into bread pans, smooth top and sprinkle remaining chips and nuts on top.
Bake at 325° for 60-75 minutes.