Looking for a delicious and easy quick bread recipe? Look no further than this chocolate chip quick bread! This mouthwatering recipe for chocolate chip loaf will satisfy your sweet tooth in no time!
I love making homemade bread, but I especially love making my favorite quick bread recipes. They’re so easy to make when you need something sweet without going overboard.
I’m also a huge fan of chocolate chip recipes period, but this chocolate chip quick bread recipe is one of my favorites. Hands down. No discussion. It wins. It has a flavor that tastes like a cross between banana nut bread and a chocolate chip cookie, but is soft and moist like you would expect a quick bread recipe to be.
Plus, you’ll only use one bowl for both the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients and one loaf pan to make it! Easy clean up for the win!
I’m being as honest as I could ever be when I tell you this recipe is my favorite; even above my beloved banana bread recipe or zucchini bread! Once you try it, I am certain you’ll agree!
How to Make Quick Bread Soft
In general, when your baking turns out hard and tough, there is one pretty common culprit; overmixing. When combining ingredients, it’s best to only mix as much as you need to in order to get things fully incorporated.
This not only ensures that your ingredients are combined but also ensures that your final product will be light and fluffy like you intended it to be.
What Variations Can I Make this Chocolate Chip Quick Bread With?
This chocolate chip quick bread recipe is super easy to change up! Instead of using milk chocolate chips as the recipe calls for, use semi-sweet chocolate chips or even dark chocolate chips. Even mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows (make homemade marshmallows HERE) or a mixture with peanut butter chips would work well!
You can also add chopped pecans or chopped walnuts if you choose! Just remember that you do need to keep the consistency of the quick bread batter so you may need to reduce the amount of chocolate if you’re adding nuts.
How Long to Let Quick Bread Cool Before Cutting?
With this chocolate chip loaf, it’s best to allow it to cool for at least 5-minutes. You don’t want to so cool the chocolate chips aren’t soft and melty, but you also don’t want it to burn the top of your mouth. 5 to 10 minutes seems to be the happy medium depending on how warm or cool your kitchen is.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
The best way to store chocolate chip quick bread is wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge. This will ensure it keeps for as long as possible without getting stale. Allow it to come to room temperature before cutting.
This recipe is also freezer friendly. To freeze, wrap once with parchment paper – not wax paper – then wrap in a double layer of plastic wrap. Allow to come to room temperature on the counter before serving. Freeze up to 3-months with no loss of taste although the texture may change around that time.
Chocolate Chip Quick Bread Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 3″ loaf pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.6 Tbsp butter, 3/4 C. sugar
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla and combine well.3 Lg. Eggs, 1 Tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and combine well. If you’re using salted butter, make sure that you omit the salt from the recipe.2 C. All-Purpose Flour, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Salt
- Mix in the buttermilk (or milk), combine well then fold in the chocolate chips.1 Cup Buttermilk, 1-1.5 C. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes. Carefully remove your chocolate chip quick bread from the oven, slice and enjoy with a little bit of butter spread on top.
- Nutrition Information is auto-calculated. Please use discretion and your best judgement.