M & M vanilla cake mix cookies are quick, simple and amazingly delicious! The next time you need a quick and easy cookie recipe, give these a try! They’re sure to become a family favorite!
Sometimes I just want a simple dessert. Actually, I want the recipes I am going to cook or bake to be simple more often than not.
For a sweet treat, cake mix cookies fit that category very well. They’re pretty well foolproof to make, take only a few minutes and are packed with a flavor that says they really should have more than the simple ingredients they actually do.
Can You Make Cookies with a Box Cake Mix?
If you’ve never made cake mix cookies before, you’re in for a treat! These vanilla cake mix cookies are one of my favorite cookies!
Making cookies from a boxed cake mix is so easy that it’s the perfect recipe to let your kids help you with! The only difference between making these is that you change the ingredients to make a cookie dough that you bake on a prepared baking sheet instead of a cake batter baked in a cake pan.
Can You Freeze Cake Mix Cookies?
Yes! Both the dough for these vanilla cake mix cookies and the baked cookies themselves can be frozen.
To freeze the dough, make it as directed and freeze on a silicone mat or baking sheet until each dough ball is frozen solid. Place into a freezer bag or airtight container and keep up to 30-days. Bake from frozen by adding 3-5 minutes extra time to the total baking time in the recipe.
To freeze frozen cookies, bake and cool as directed. Wrap each cookie in plastic wrap and freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container. Microwave in 10-second increments to thaw and enjoy.
What Other Types of Cake Mix Cookies Can I Make?
The beauty of a cake mix cookie recipe is that they can be made into so many different flavors and styles! All that’s needed is to change the box of cake mix you use!
For instance, my strawberry white chocolate chip cake mix cookies uses a strawberry cake mix. Lemon cake mix with milk chocolate chips and almonds makes a great combo as well.
Red velvet cake mix can be used as well. You could even do chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips!
The flavor of cake mix you use is the base of your cookie which means the possibilities really are pretty wide! Add your favorite mix-ins such as sprinkles, pecans or shredded coconut and you’ve got an amazing cookie!
How to Make White Cake Mix Cookies
As I said, these vanilla cake mix cookies are incredibly easy to make. All that’s needed is to combine the ingredients into a large bowl, scoop them onto a cookie sheet, bake and allow them to cool!
Give them a try and I’m sure you’ll love them as much as my family does!
M & M Vanilla Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ C. Vegetable Oil
- 8 oz, Plain M&M Candy
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir well until dough has formed.1 White Cake Mix, 2 Large Eggs, 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
- Add the M&M’s and stir to combine.8 oz, Plain M&M Candy
- Using a cookie scoop, drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done. Cookies should be firm and golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 1-minute without touching them. Then, transfer the cookies to the wire cooling rack using a spatula and allow to cool fully.
- Nutrition information is auto-calculated and may not be correct.
- Dough may be frozen for up to 30-days before baking.
- Baked cookies may be frozen for up to 60-days.