Elevate your pasta dishes with this mouthwatering Pasta Sauce with Meat recipe. Packed with tender, flavorsome meat and robust Italian seasonings, it’s sure to become a new staple in your home-cooked meals.
Have you ever eaten homemade pasta sauce? If not, you’re going to want to sit up and pay attention because I am about to change your life.
How, you ask? With this incredibly easy homemade meat pasta sauce recipe.
Yes. A recipe can absolutely change your life.
Okay, I may slightly be exaggerating, but this really is a fantastic recipe for pasta sauce with meat. The ingredients come together in a way that creates a finished dish that the whole family will love while still allowing for the individual flavors to come through.
What is the Difference Between Meat Sauce and Bolognese Sauce?
American meat sauce does differ from Italian Ragù (Bolognese) sauce in a couple different ways. Italian Bolognese sauce is made with milk and a higher amount of meat. Because of this, it is creamier and thicker than what we call pasta sauce with meat.
Another key difference is that as Americans we will use just about any type of pasta with a meat sauce, but most commonly, we use spaghetti. I don’t know what Italians think about that, but I’m fairly certain it’s not good as Italian Ragù is not used with spaghetti noodles.
Is There a Difference Between Marinara Sauce and Spaghetti Sauce?
Yes. There is quite a difference between marinara sauce and spaghetti sauce. Marinara sauce does not contain meat at all and is made chunkier with actual pieces of diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. On the other hand, spaghetti sauce is made with tomato sauce or tomato paste and is a smooth, liquid sauce.
What Meat Goes Well in Homemade Spaghetti Sauce?
Both beef and pork can be used to make a delicious homemade spaghetti sauce recipe. In this recipe, I give you the amount in ground beef, but you absolutely can use ground Italian sausage or ground turkey as well. Another great idea is to use a half and half mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage.
Doing so gives your pasta sauce a bit of a kick from the seasonings in the sausage.
What Can I Serve with Pasta Sauce with Meat?
Most red pasta dishes go well with garlic bread and a fresh salad. I personally serve red pastas like spaghetti or my favorite lasagna recipe with a lettuce wedge and my homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Left Spaghetti Sauce with Meat
This meat pasta sauce recipe makes quite a bit of sauce so you are very likely to have leftovers. That’s okay as they store very well!
If you plan on using the sauce within the next few days, simply store it in the fridge in an airtight container. If, however, you need it to last a bit longer, pack it into freezer bags and flatten. Freeze up to 3-months. To use, thaw fully in the fridge and use as normal.
Pasta Sauce with Meat
- In a large pot drizzle olive oil to coat the bottom. Dice onion and pepper.Olive oil
- Add minced garlic, onion, pepper and ground beef to stockpot. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain well and pour back into the pot.1 lb. Ground beef, 1 medium Onion, 1 tbsp. Minced garlic, 1 Green bell pepper
- Add tomato sauce/puree, grated parmesan and remaining seasonings to the pot.2- 28 oz. cans Tomato sauce or puree, 1 tsp. Oregano, 1 tsp. Thyme, 1 tsp. Rosemary, 1 ½ tsp. Garlic salt, 1 tsp. Black pepper, ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Stir to combine well.
- Reduce heat to low/simmer.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference before serving.
- Nutrition information is auto-calculated and may not be correct. Please use caution if you follow a special diet.
- Cooked sauce may be frozen up to 3-months. Cook from frozen to thaw.