This post may contain affiliate or referral links that help keep this site running. For more information about this, please see our Disclosure Policy. As an associate of Amazon.com/Amazon.uk/Amazon.ca/and other websites, I may earn a small commission whenever you click through a link from this site. This commission helps to support this site and keep it running. Six Dollar Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com/Amazon.uk/Amazon.ca.
Twinkies may or may not be one of my guilty pleasures. When they disappeared a few years ago, I was heartbroken. It was a bit like Tallahassee in the movie Zombieland searching for a Twinkie. I also happen to be a huge fan of white chocolate (Six Dollar Family) desserts. Combine them and you have one of my favorite Halloween Desserts – these White Chocolate Twinkie Ghosts!
These white chocolate desserts are great not only because they taste amazing, but also because they’re such a kid-friendly dessert! Kids love to “cook” and these Halloween ghosts are super fun for them to make!
White Chocolate Halloween Desserts
Because this Halloween dessert idea is meant for kids Halloween parties, we’ve kept them away from the super scary type of Halloween that you normally see.
Instead, they are more cute than anything. It also doesn’t hurt anything that they’re delicious and only take a few steps too!
You Will Need:
To get started making your ghost desserts, unwrap each Twinkie and set aside. It can also be helpful to pop them into the freezer for 10 minutes or so, but that isn’t necessary.
Doing so does help you get a good cut in the next step, but if your knife is sharp enough, you may not need to do so.
To get started making these Halloween desserts, line a baking sheet with parchment paper then cut the Twinkies in half.
Stand them up on the parchment paper like shown in the photo – cut side facing down.
Next, add the white chocolate candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30-seconds.
After 30-seconds, use the silicone spatula to stir the candy well. Continue to microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring after each until the candy has melted smooth and creamy.
Use the spatula to “spoon” the melted chocolate over each Twinkie so that it drips down the side and covers the entire Twinkie
Make sure that you pour enough over each to pool at the bottom to create the flow of the ghost.
Once you have your ghost desserts covered well, stash them in the fridge for 20-minutes or until the white chocolate has hardened.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Remove them from the fridge and use the blank frosting with a tip to draw on eyes and mouth to one side of each Twinkie.
If the white chocolate begins to soften before you get all the faces drawn, just pop them back in the fridge for a few.
Did you enjoy this post? You may also like these:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Cookies
- DIY Zombie Bride Costume
- Homemade Non-Toxic Halloween Blood
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Store these white chocolate desserts in an air tight container for up to 5 days. They will be pretty stale at that point.
White Chocolate Twinkie Ghost Halloween Dessert
Your next Halloween party is sure to be a hit with this Halloween Dessert idea! These white chocolate desserts are simple to make and made with Twinkies!
- 1 box <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?k=twinkies&ref=nb_sb_noss_2&linkCode=ll2&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=313bf737d8f71634b716808445358307&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>Twinkies</strong></a><br /><br />
- 1 package <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-1911-1300-Candy-Melts-Bright/dp/B077H2W385/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=Wilton+White+Chocolate+Candy+Melts&qid=1567547332&s=gateway&sr=8-4&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=cdffb5e08931737b79af8a8bd963c720&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts</strong></a><br /><br />
- <a href=”https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Black-Gel-Tube-0-75/dp/B0000A1ODW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=Wilton+Black+Sparkle+Gel+Frosting&qid=1567547369&s=gateway&sr=8-13-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVlUxR1JBRVJGU0hSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzM5Mjg1TFRQQ1QzMlAwUURGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3ODgxOTQyMk9HMU05UlhWNlVHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==&linkCode=ll1&tag=sixdollarfamily-20&linkId=5d76a805a302c22d4742107e13a601c3&language=en_US” rel=”nofollow”><strong>Wilton Black Sparkle Gel Frosting</strong></a><br /><br />
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unwrap each Twinkie and freeze for 10 minutes.
Slice Twinkies in half and place cut side down on baking sheet.
Melt white chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl using 30-second bursts. Stir after each burst.
Cover each Twinkie half with white chocolate making sure to use enough to allow it to pool at the bottom of each.
Chill for 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
Use black frosting gel to pipe faces onto each ghost.
Store in an airtight container