Spooky but cute, these peanut butter cookie spiders are the perfect Halloween treat to scare up a good time!
Throwing a Halloween party can be overwhelming, but easy and spooky treats that are super simple to make and delicious can make the whole thing much more fun. That’s why I love these peanut butter cookie spiders!
They’re so easy to make and they taste amazing!
If you love peanut butter, these will quickly become a favorite as the peanut butter taste amazing!
What is the Best Cookie Dough to Use?
You can make these peanut butter cookie spiders using either a store bought cookie dough or your favorite homemade cookie dough. There is no difference in the final cookie with one over the other so it’s 100% your preference.
Personally, I like the ease of store bought cookie dough for these.
How to Store Peanut Butter cookie spiders
Allow your cookies to cool fully once you have completed the process then store in an airtight food storage container. Separate each layer with parchment paper and refrigerate. Eat within 4 days so they are fresh.
Once you make these Halloween cookie spiders, you’ll want to make them year after year. And with how simple they are to make, you won’t mind doing it!
Peanut Butter Cookie Spiders
- Bake cookies according to package or your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. Use a teaspoon to create a divot in the center of each cookie while warm then set aside and allow to cool.1 roll Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- When cool, melt chips in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.12 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Add a dab of melted chocolate chips in the center of each divot then attach a peanut butter cup upside down to create the spiders body of your spider cookies.1 roll Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, 12 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Use a small piping tip to create spider legs around the peanut butter cup.12 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Add 2 small dabs of melted chocolate to one side of the peanut butter cup. Attach 2 candy eyes per peanut butter cup.Miniature Reese's Cups, Candy Googly Eyes