Shopping online this holiday season? Be sure to take advantage of Amazon Prime's 30-day Free Trial. and Cash Back on Your Shopping with Rakuten (Ebates.).
Healthy skin is one of those things I have always fought to have. I either don’t drink enough water or don’t get enough sleep or…That constant fight is one reason I decided to start using a salt scrub recipe to help exfoliate my skin. Sea salt scrubs are great for exfoliating and one of the benefits of salt for the skin is to remove inflammation. In addition, the benefits of activated charcoal for skin and the benefits of Frankincense for skin and this salt scrub recipe is one of the best for healthy skin!
This sea salt scrub recipe includes both activated charcoal and frankincense. Activated charcoal is great for removing bacteria and detoxing the skin. Frankincense has a lot of benefits for healthy skin including helping to reduce acne scars, tightening pores and may even lift skin that is sagging! Combing them together and you have an amazing scrub recipe that is sure to help you have healthy skin.
Charcoal and Sea Salt Scrub Recipe for Healthy Skin
When you make this charcoal sea salt scrub recipe, you can use any brand of essential oils that you would like. As long as they are 100% pure essential oils, brand does not matter. Contrary to popular belief, there is no federal grading system for essential oils. This means anyone could call an oil pure with zero oversight. I personally prefer to use Plant Therapy essential oils. They’re budget friendly and just as pure as the more expensive ones.
This charcoal and seal salt scrub recipe utilizes all of the Frankincense benefits for skin, lavender for calming, myrrh and tea tree oil. It’s the perfect combo when combined with my orange peel sugar scrub recipe! Use it on dry heels, elbows or anywhere where you need a bit of exfoliating.
You Will Need:
- Amber glass jar
- 8 oz. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. activated charcoal powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 8 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
To start making your sea salt scrub, measure out the sea salt and run your fingers (or a spoon) through it. You want to make sure there are no large clumps of salt. If there are, your salt scrub recipe will be abrasive to the skin instead of exfoliating. If you find any, use the back of a metal spoon to break them up.
Microwave your coconut oil for 20-30 seconds until it has melted. Coconut oil has a melting point around 76°F so it shouldn’t take too long. Once it has melted, measure it out and add to the sea salt. Stir gently until it is fully combined. You’re looking for a consistency that is damp but not wet.
Next, add in the essential oils one at a time. Mix well after each one so they are properly distributed throughout the sea salt scrub recipe.
Finally, add the activated charcoal powder and stir until there are no more white flecks of salt. It should be a dark grey-ish color when it is fully mixed.
Once it’s fully mixed, add your charcoal seal salt scrub to your jar and store in a cool, dry place.
Scoop out a couple of fingers worth and rub into damp skin. Apply water as needed to help the salt scrub break down without becoming abrasive. Rinse well to remove any and all residue.
Charcoal Sea Salt Scrub Recipe
- 8 oz Amber Jars with Lids
- Measure out sea salt and run your fingers (or a spoon) through it to break up any clumps.
- Microwave coconut oil for 20-30 seconds until it has melted. Measure out liquid and mix into salt until fully combined.
- Stir in essential oils one at a time and mix well.
- Stir in activated charcoal powder and stir until fully combined and there are no white flecks of salt showing.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Scoop out a couple of fingers worth and rub into damp skin. Apply water as needed to help the salt scrub break down without becoming abrasive. Rinse well to remove any and all residue.