One of the most common things I hear from the readers of this blog is that they’re living paycheck to paycheck and don’t know how to survive on the income they have. One of the best ways to do so if you’re having trouble making ends meet is to make extra money. We’ve all got things we no longer need that we can sell for that extra cash. Sometimes though, finding which things to sell to make money can be hard for us.
A lot of the time when we’re looking for things to sell, we often pass something up because it has a sentimental value to us.
It may even be something we no longer use. We still hold onto it.
33 Things to Sell
Most of the things I’ve included on my list of things to sell do well on just about any marketplace you could sell them on with a couple of exceptions.
You can start your own online shop with Shopify. There are also things to sell on Ebay and things to sell online other places as well.
Once you check out my list, be sure to look around your home. I’m sure you’ll find at least a few things on it that can earn you some extra cash.
Things to Sell to Make Money
As we go through the list, if I know that an item will do better on a specific platform, I will do my best to tell you.
It has always been my goal to help you not only save as much money as possible, but to make as much extra as possible when needed.
Side Note: I love to make money selling things, but my default ways to make extra cash are Swagbucks and InstaGC. When you sign up for Swagbucks, you’ll earn points for searching, watching videos and playing games that you can cash out for gift cards or cash. Sign up for an InstaGC account and you’ll earn cash for taking surveys, watching videos and more. Cash out instantly for Paypal or instant gift cards.
How to Sell Things to Make Money
Before you list your item for sale, you need to do a few things first to prepare your items. Basically the same tips I give you for how to sell kids clothes online, apply here. These things include:
- Cleaning them or washing them if washable.
- Take good photographs from all angles. Avoid blurry, dark or out of focus photos.
- Document and photograph any broken, ripped, stained areas.
- Figure out your price.
Once you have those things done, you’re good to go for listing your things to sell online.
Things to Sell on Ebay
- Shoes that your whole family does not wear anymore
- Purses, backpacks and totes you no longer use
- Video Games and systems including vintage ones
- DVD’s/BluRay and even old VHS tapes
- Jewelry that is not broken or discolored
- Sports Memorabilia including baseball cards
- Books of all ages including textbooks
- Toys that are not broken, work well and have all pieces
- Electronics whether they work or not
- Appliances including small kitchen appliances
- Furniture including furniture that may need re-done
- New Makeup and HBA products that are not expired
- Kids clothes that are not badly stained, ripped or torn
- Adult clothes that are not badly stained, ripped or torn
- Pet supplies such as dog beds, etc.
- Baby Items such as clothes, swings, toys. Do not sell used car seats or cribs.
- Fishing Gear including rods, reels and tackle.
- Musical Instruments even if they need repair
- Complete Board Games & Puzzles
- Home Decor
- Canning supplies
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Crafts such as crochet blankets
- High school year books
- Wedding decor
- Wedding dresses
- Bridesmaid & Prom dresses
- Old photography equipment
- Cheap Souvenirs
- Hobby supplies
- Christmas supplies
These 33 things to sell are by far the end all be all list. You may find other things in your home especially if they are on your list of things to make to sell and save money. If you’re trying to make extra money, you’ll want to look at things with a new eye.
Did you enjoy this post? You may also like these:
- 30 Things to Make at Home to Sell and Save Money
- How to Make Money Selling Kids Clothes Online
- 14 Reasons Your Budget is Failing
- How to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- The Only 9 Budget Tips You’ll Ever Need to Learn
- How to Prepare for a Recession
Once you do, you’ll find that your home is full of things you can sell to make money.
Places to Sell Things to Make Money
ThredUp is great for selling kids and women’s clothing, shoes and accessories. They also take purses and bags. You can sign up for a ThredUp account HERE to sell. You’ll also receive a free credit when you sign up.
Etsy is great for antique, vintage or handmade items. You can find more info on selling on Etsy HERE.
Gazelle is a great place to sell old phones. Get info HERE.
Half Priced Books will let you sell old books. Call your local store for their guidelines.
Amazon Trade In is great for all sorts of items. They do not pay cash, but instead pay in Amazon gift cards.You can find more info HERE.
Facebook Marketplace is great for all sorts of things. Most items are able to be posted and will sell.
Facebook buy/sell groups are another place to sell things online. Most things are able to be sold. Homeschool curriculum does especially well in homeschool buy/sell groups.
Ebay will work for everything else or for things you’re having trouble selling.