Of all the vegetable recipes my family eats, I think green bean recipes are my favorites. They’re usually really easy to make and taste amazing if you have the right recipe. This roasted green bean recipe is the right recipe. Trust me.
Green beans can be really bland if you don’t take the time to dress them up. Simply dumping them in a pot and covering them with chicken broth or water isn’t enough.
Roasted Green Bean Recipe
With a little work though, you can make an amazing and delicious green bean dish that will wow anyone who tries it.
Bacon is what really makes this dish.
Okay, let’s be real; bacon is what makes any dish amazing and is what makes the world go round.
I like green beans, but I love bacon and cook with it every chance I get.
Green Bean with Bacon Recipe
This green bean with bacon recipe is made with fresh green beans. You can use canned, but I really try to stay away from canned green beans.
Home canned green beans are the exception. They won’t have the same crispy texture as fresh, but they will work.
If all else fails, make this green bean recipe with frozen green beans. They are the closest to fresh.
You Will Need:
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, snapped with ends removed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
To begin, preheat the oven to 350° F. Wash, cut and snap the green beans. Chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
Plain water is perfectly fine to wash the green beans with.However, if you want something with a bit more cleaning power, our homemade vegetable wash works amazingly!
In a medium to large mixing bowl, add the olive oil and all seasonings.
Use a rubber spatula or kitchen tongs to toss the mixture until the beans are coated with oil and the seasonings are evenly distributed.
Spread the green beans onto the baking sheet evenly and in a single layer if possible. They don’t have to be a perfect single layer, but don’t pile them onto each other.
They won’t cook evenly if you do.
Spread the chopped bacon on top the green beans. Keep in mind that your bacon pieces can be as large or as small as you’d like.
I personally prefer to keep mine a little on the larger side when I make a sheet of this roasted green bean recipe.
Did you enjoy this post? You may also like these:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Bacon and Cream Cheese Deviled Eggs Recipe
Bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes.
If you’re looking for a great holiday side dish, this roasted green bean recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter dinner! They’re simple but I promise they’ll be a big hit!
Roasted Green Bean with Bacon Recipe
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Baking Sheet
- Kitchen Knife
- 2 lbs fresh green beans washed, cut and snapped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 slices bacon chopped into bite sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Wash and snap green beans. Chop bacon.
- In a large bowl, add the green beans, olive oil, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Toss to cover the green beans in oil and seasoning.
- Spread the green beans evenly over a large baking sheet.
- Place pieces of bacon on top of the green beans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until roasted fully.