Now you can have your favorite Red Lobster dish at home! This copycat Red Lobster shrimp scampi recipe is simple to make, tastes like the real thing and can be made for a fraction of the cost! Serve with garlic butter herbed pasta and crusty bread for a family meal everyone will love.
Second only to Olive Garden, Red Lobster is one of my favorite restaurants. In fact, we adore it so much that Steve and I ate there on our wedding night before leaving for our honeymoon. Wedding night aside, Red Lobster is not something our budget allows for often. It’s too expensive. That’s where this Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi copycat recipe comes into play.
It allows us to enjoy our favorite Red Lobster recipe at home and without the added costs. I don’t know about you, but I am all for my favorite restaurant recipes at a cheaper cost!
But does it really taste like Red Lobsters version?
Yes! This shrimp scampi recipe really does taste like what you get at Red Lobster. In fact, it’s quite hard to tell the difference! No joke, I once served it to my husband and didn’t tell him I had made it until after he ate. He couldn’t tell!
What kind of shrimp should I use?
While you can use any shrimp you want in any size you want, medium seems to be the best fit for the recipe. You will also want to make sure you buy shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined. Otherwise, your prep time will take much longer than ten minutes.
After all, no one really wants to spend hours in the kitchen preparing shrimp, now do they?
Can You Freeze Shrimp Scampi?
I suppose you could as there is nothing in the recipe that will not freeze well. However, if you do, be aware that your sauce may separate when you thaw and reheat. It may also become watery due to melting ice crystals when you thaw.
For leftovers, your best option is to refrigerate in an airtight food storage bowl and eat within three days.
How to Serve Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi?
This dish is amazing when served with garlic and herb angel hair pasta. Pair the main dish with a salad and Italian breadsticks. The four items really combine to make an amazing family meal. It’s perfect for special occasions or for when you just want to fancy up a weeknight dinner.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 ½ c. white wine or chicken broth
- ½ fresh lemon juice only
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ c. butter softened
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- ½ c. parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and cook shrimp 3-5 minutes until they're pink. Remove shrimp and set aside. Reduce heat to medium.1 lb medium shrimp, 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the white wine (or chicken broth) and lemon juice and cook until the liquid is reduced to about half. Reduce your heat to low and add the Italian seasoning and butter. Cook until the butter is fully melted.2 Tbsp. garlic, 1 1/2 c. white wine, 1/2 fresh lemon, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/2 c. butter, 1 pinch salt
- Once the butter has melted, add the parsley then gently stir the shrimp back in. Cook on low for 1-2 minutes to heat and allow the sauce to cook to the shrimp fully.1 Tbsp. parsley, 1 lb medium shrimp
- Remove your skillet from the heat and cover with your parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and serve hot with crusty bread and pasta.1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- Nutrition information does not include shrimp or lemon.