Ya’ll, let me tell you. When Twinkies disappeared for a few months? My world came crashing down. I absolutely love them even though I know they’re not exactly good for me. There’s just something about them that I adore. This recipe though? Combine my beloved Twinkies with white chocolate? Oh my soul and I’m in Heaven! These white chocolate ghost Twinkies are the perfect kid friendly Halloween treat!
For me, the best part about these is that they’re such a kid friendly recipe. There isn’t much in the way of cooking, in fact, the only heating at all is done to melt the chocolate. Your kids can help you make them without worrying that they’re going to get accidentally hurt which makes this a perfect activity for a Halloween party! They’ll have so much fun making their own ghosts!
White Chocolate Ghost Twinkies
You Will Need:
Line a baking sheet with wax paper then cut the Twinkies in half. Stand them up on the wax paper cut side down.
Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it in 30 second bursts, stirring after each until it is smooth and creamy. Spoon the melted chocolate over each Twinkie so that it drips down the side and covers the entire cake. Make sure that you pour enough over each to pool at the bottom to create the flow of the ghost. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Once the chocolate is cooled, use the black frosting with tip to draw eyes and a mouth onto one side of each Twinkie and ta-da! You’re done! Store your spooky friends in an airtight container in the fridge to keep the chocolate from melting.
- Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel Frosting
- Cut your Twinkies in half and stand them up on wax paper
- Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until completely smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the chocolate over the top of the Twinkies allowing it to drip down and cover the entire Twinkie.
- Refrigerate to allow chocolate to harden for about 20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, simply draw eyes and a mouth on your ghosts and you're done!
Say YES to our emails and grab a FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide to Cutting Your Household Expenses! We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. You will receive up to 5 emails per week from Six Dollar Family.
Click here to learn how I made over $100,000 blogging in 2016!