Potato Shrimp Salad Recipe
Salads can get so boring with the same old ingredients. This potato shrimp salad recipe takes boring, kicks it to the curb and flies your taste buds to the next level though!
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of oregano dried or chopped fresh
- Splash of lemon juice to taste
- 1 pound of cooked tail-off shrimp
- 1-2 medium fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 4-6 medium peeled potatoes cut into cubes
- ½ red pepper chopped
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- Hard Boiled Eggs chopped for mix-in (optional)
Chop up potatoes and place them in a pot of boiling salted water.
While potatoes are cooking whisk oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and a splash of lemon juice in a bowl.
Chop vegetables and place them on the side.
Drain potatoes once they are cooked (fork goes through easily) and place them in a large mixing bowl.
While potatoes are warm, pour the sauce mixture and slowly toss the potatoes and sauce together.
Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes in fridge
Gently add the shrimp to the bowl of potatoes.
Gently add the vegetables to the bowl of potatoes.
Slowly toss it together, or with a rubber spatula, gently blend them together.
Serve warm or place the potato salad into the fridge for an hour to cool.