Slow Cooker Pulled Pork made with root beer and bbq sauce is one of the most delicious and easy dinner recipes you can make! Grab your Crockpot and make this for dinner today!
There’s nothing that I like more than an easy recipe. Most of the time when I’m looking for one, I head to my favorite crock pot recipes and usually it is a chicken or a pork recipe that I go to.
Why? Because they are two of the cheapest meats that you can buy so I usually have a freezer full. For us, one of our favorite meals is our favorite and super easy pulled pork sandwich recipe.
It’s super easy and absolutely delicious! It’s simply one of the best easy pulled pork sandwich recipes that I’ve ever tasted and after you try it, I’m positive you’ll agree.
What is the Best Cut of Meat Is Best for Pulled Pork?
To make pulled pork sandwiches, you’ll need a larger amount of meat. This means you’ll want to use a larger cut. A pork tenderloin, pork shoulder, pork butt or Boston butt.
I personally prefer to use a tenderloin. I’m not a fan of the various cuts of pork roasts, but a good tenderloin can be amazing.
What Are the Best Sides for Pulled Pork?
That’s the great thing about pulled pork sandwiches! They go well with almost anything! Some of my favorite sides to serve it with are a big salad, coleslaw, mashed potatoes or mac and cheese! Add a bit of potato chips and it’s a quick and easy dinner idea!
Does Crockpot Pulled Pork Need Liquid?
Yes. Crockpot pulled pork needs a little bit of cooking liquid. Otherwise, your pulled pork will be really dry. Aside from keeping the meat moist, the liquid you choose will help to flavor the meat. The liquid you choose to use will change the flavor of your pulled pork. You can use chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, water or like this recipe, root beer.
What is the Best Liquid to Cook Pulled Pork In?
I’ve seen a lot of different recipes for slow cooker pulled pork. Most use chicken broth or cola, but this one uses root beer. Again, the liquid you choose will flavor your pulled pork.
It may sound odd, but what you’re left with is a tender pork roast cooked in yummy juices. Add barbecue sauce and some spices like garlic powder, onion powder and paprika and you’ve made a delicious meal! You can even add a bit of cayenne pepper if you want a kick.
Can You Freeze Pulled Pork?
Yes! Slow cooker pulled pork is a great freezer meal! Simply make the recipe as stated and allow it to cool completely. Once it’s fully cooled, separate it into portion sizes and freeze flat in freezer bags.
If you’re not going to freeze leftovers, store them in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Rinse the pork loin in cold water and place in your crockpot. Slice onion into large slices and toss in the crock.2 lb. Pork Tenderloin, 1 large White Onion
- Pour 2.5 cups of root beer over the pork loin and onions. Season with salt and pepper then cook on low for 6 hours.20 oz. Root Beer, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Once the meat is cooked thoroughly, remove it from the slow cooker and place it on a baking sheet. Using a fork, shred the pork into whatever sized pieces you prefer.
- After the pork is shredded, combine the BBQ sauce, honey and the rest of your root beer in a small mixing bowl.1/4 c. Raw Honey, 18 oz. Bbq Sauce
- Pour over your shredded pork and toss to coat it with sauce. Bake the coated tenderloin at 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until slightly crisp on top.
- Serve on a warm bun and enjoy! If you’d like, you can add a few of the onions from the crockpot to your sandwich too!
- The baking step is optional but really does make a difference in the final product.
- Nutritional information is auto-calculated. Please use discretion if you follow a special diet.
- The initial recipe, without a bun added, is gluten free.