Shopping online this holiday season? Be sure to take advantage of Amazon Prime's 30-day Free Trial. and Cash Back on Your Shopping with Rakuten (Ebates.).
As I’ve said before, pumpkin recipes and apple recipes have a special place in my heart. The ones that are near and dear to my heart though are my pumpkin roll recipe and any easy pumpkin recipe. Dump cake recipes are some of the easiest recipes around so combine that with pumpkin or apple and I am in Heaven.
Dump cake recipes are some of the easiest cake recipes around. They are put together just the way they sound. Dump it all in a bowl then a cake pan or baking dish and you’re good.
I like easy recipes ya’ll. They’re full of win. So. Much. Win.
Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake
This particular dump cake recipe combines several fall flavors in a way that creates something I think is pretty close to perfection.
Pumpkin, apple, cinnamon and more are all the flavors that take us back to changing leaves, crisp days, sweaters and of course, Thanksgiving dinners with our families.
Dump Cake Recipes
Flavors are so important in a recipe, don’t you think? They are one of the only things that can instantly transport us back to our childhood, a happier time or just to a place of happiness.
If you love flavor, you really need to make this dump cake recipe as soon as possible.
You won’t regret it. Trust me.
You Will Need:
- 4 c. diced apples
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
To start making your pumpkin apple dump cake, preheat your oven to 350° F.
Dice the apples into small, bite sized pieces then add to a large mixing bowl. There’s no need to peel them unless you want to.
If you do, I suggest using an apple corer and peeler to do so to help save time.
Add the brown sugar to the apples and toss well to combine.
Like I said, this is a dump cake recipe. Yes. It really is this easy.
Add the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
We’re really slaving away in the kitchen now, aren’t we? 😉
Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread it evenly.
Whisk together the pumpkin pie spice and the yellow cake mix.
Yes, you can reuse the same bowl. Just wipe it out before you reuse it.
Spread the dry cake mix mixture evenly over the pumpkin/apple. I find it is easier to get an even coating if I use a mesh strainer like THIS one to sprinkle it over.
This is a dump cake. Do not stir the mixture together.
Slowly – and evenly – pour the melted butter into the baking dish. Again, do not stir.
Yes, it will be full of liquid on top until it bakes.
It’s okay. Really. I promise you did not screw it up.
Bake for 45 minutes or so at 350°F. Your apple pumpkin dump cake is done when the syrup created by the cake mix and butter is bubbly and the top is brown and crisp.
Did you enjoy this post? You may also like these:
- Easy Pumpkin Crepes Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Applesauce Cake Bars with Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Allow it to cool very slightly before serving.
Serve warm though with vanilla ice cream, caramel drizzle or whipped cream.
Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wire Whisk
- Rubber Spatula or Spoon
- 4 c diced apples peeled or unpeeled
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon until apples are coated. Add pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine pumpkin pie spice and dry cake mix in a mixing bowl.
- Top the apples and pumpkin with the entire box of cake mix, spreading the mix evenly over the fruit.
- Slowly pour melted butter over the dry cake mix. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until syrup is bubbly and topping is crisp and browned.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.