Shopping online this holiday season? Be sure to take advantage of Amazon Prime's 30-day Free Trial. and Cash Back on Your Shopping with Rakuten (Ebates.).
Halloween will be here soon and if you’re planning a Halloween party, you may be looking for Halloween cookies and Halloween desserts to serve. These peanut butter chocolate chip spider cookies are the perfect Halloween cookie to make and serve!
As far as Halloween cookies go, these spider cookies may look complicated but they’re actually super simple. For the sake of showing you how they’re put together, we used refrigerated cookie dough.
You don’t need to though and can use whichever peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe you prefer.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Spider Cookie Halloween Cookies
If you’re serving these as a Halloween dessert, they plate up very well. You could also get a bit of fake spider web and stage them onto the webbing for a truly authentic look.
They go great this way with any Halloween decoration themes!
These spider cookies are also a big hit when they’re included in Halloween goodie bags! Just wrap them individually with plastic wrap and set them on top of the bag so they aren’t crushed.
How to make Spider Cookies
You will need:
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough – Refrigerated or your favorite recipe
- Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- Candy Googly Eyes
- Milk Chocolate Chips
To start your spider cookies, bake the cookies according to the package if you’re using a refrigerated cookie dough or according to your peanut butter cookie recipe.
As you pull them out of the oven, use the back of a teaspoon to create a small divot in the middle of the cookie for the peanut butter cup to sit in.
Set aside and allow them to cool completely.
When your Halloween cookies are cool, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second increments until fully melted.
Stir after each melting until they are smooth and creamy.
Next, use a small piping tip to place a small dot of the melted chocolate chips in the center of each “divot” you created on the peanut butter cookies.
This is an important step as it helps to keep the peanut butter cup in place.
As you do each dot of chocolate, place a Reese’s cup upside down on the chocolate.
The Reese’s cups are the spiders body for your spider cookies.
Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
Now it’s time to make the legs for your Halloween dessert cookies!
Use the smallest icing tip you have and a piping bag to pipe the melted chocolate chips on each cookie for legs.
Go around the cookies creating a leg on each side to really get the spider effect.
Finally, add two small dots of melted chocolate chips and attach two candy eyes to your cookies.
See how cute your spider cookies are? They’re such a great Halloween cookie that I can’t wait to make them each year!
What are your favorite Halloween cookies or Halloween desserts?
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:
- Homemade Halloween Blood
- DIY Zombie Bride Halloween Costume
- 43 Best Disney Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- How to do Serial Killer Bathroom Halloween Decor on a Budget
- Easy DIY Halloween Slime
Spooky Spider Cookies Halloween Cookies
- 1 Batch Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Bag Miniature Reese's Cups
- 1 container Candy Googly Eyes
- 12 ounce Milk Chocolate Chips
- Bake cookies according to package or your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe
- Use a teaspoon to create a divot in the center of each cookie while warm then set aside and allow to cool.
- When cool, melt chips in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Add a dab of melted chocolate chips in the center of each divot then attach a peanut butter cup upside down to create the spiders body of your spider cookies.
- Use a small piping tip to create spider legs around the peanut butter cup.
- Add 2 small dabs of melted chocolate to one side of the peanut butter cup.
- Attach 2 candy eyes per peanut butter cup.