So let’s be real. I’m not exactly a thin rail so I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now, but just in case you haven’t? I love food. I love eating it and I love cooking it, but it has to be good food. Seriously. Ain’t no one got time for bad food! The other thing that I absolutely adore is traveling which is why I have partnered with Hire Influence, Ritz Crackers and Southwest Airlines to bring you these yummy “destination” recipes! What destinations you ask? Keep reading!
If you like these recipes, I would love for you to help me out! I’m currently in a recipe contest with these 2 awesome ideas to win a $500 Southwest Airlines gift card! That would make it so easy for this Ohio girl to go home and see her family so I would really appreciate your help!
All it takes is a quick second to vote on your favorite and you can do that HERE! Thanks so much if you do!
When you think of Texas and food, what do you think of? BBQ of course! As someone who has lived in various areas of the country, I can definitely confirm that BBQ is better in Texas and Austin is home to Stubbs BBQ making it the perfect combo for this awesome casserole! It’s BBQ chicken in pasta form! This BBQ Chicken Pasta recipe is soooooo good, has a “secret” ingredient and even better? It has a buttery and cheesy Ritz topping on top that just finishes it off! It’s easy to make and perfect for those weeknight dinners or even a quick family get together! Scroll down to grab the recipe for it and I promise! You’ll love it!
The other place that makes me think of great food is New York and of course, when I think of New York, I think of pizza! This pepperoni pizza dip recipe is PERFECT when paired with Ritz crackers for dipping! It makes a great party food, a perfect tailgating recipe and I think it does New York proud with its pure pizza taste! We love it at our house for all of our parties or even just a regular snack! The recipe is below so that you can try it for yourself!
- 1lb chicken breast - cooked and chopped
- 16oz Penne Pasta
- 10 oz ranch dressing - Use Stubb's if you can!
- 12 oz BBQ sauce
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 16 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and cook until done.
- Cook pasta al dente and drain well.
- Combine the ranch dressing and BBQ sauce and mix until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, sauces, corn and ½ of the shredded cheese. Mix very well.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the microwave using 30 second bursts.
- Crush the Ritz crackers then combine the melted butter, crackers and remaining cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Top the casserole with the cracker mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until the topping is crunchy and the cheese is melted. This usually only takes around 20 minutes or so.
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of pepperoni
- 1 cup of sliced olives
- 1 16oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Ritz Crackers for dipping
- Spread cream cheese along bottom of heavy bottomed or cast iron pan.
- Add ½ of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
- Cover with pizza sauce.
- Top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, olives and any other pizza toppings you prefer.
- Bake on 350 for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with Ritz crackers on the side for dipping
Say YES to our emails and grab a FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide to Cutting Your Household Expenses! We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. You will receive up to 5 emails per week from Six Dollar Family.
Click here to learn how I made over $100,000 blogging in 2016!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- This Girl Scout Cookies Recipe for Thin Mint Truffles is a Tried and True Favorite! - February 17, 2017
- Don’t Let the Unthinkable Catch You Off Guard with these Emergency Preparation Tips for Single Parents! - February 15, 2017
- This is for the Birds! DIY Upcycled Terra Cotta Bird Bath - February 13, 2017