I married a grill master. Okay, I married a wanna-be grill master. He likes to think that when he makes fire, great and amazing things happen. I let him think that. Whether he actually is a true master of the grill is still up for debate, but in the case of this tequila lime chicken recipe? It’s so true! I never thought that tequila recipes would be a thing in our house, but this one? It’s so good! What makes it so amazing is the tequila marinade and the flavor of the grill. It’s so different than any other tequila lime chicken recipe that I’ve tasted and I’m 100% positive that you’ll love it just as much as we do!
The awesome taste of this recipe comes from the tequila marinade. It doesn’t take long to mix up but the flavor is just out of this world! Like I said, I’m not one for tequila recipes but man! This one is divine! For those of you who may not want to grill it, you can absolutely make it in your slow cooker too, but (and take my word on this), it’s so much better if you grill it! This is one of my favorite chicken recipes hands down and since the flavor is not horribly strong, I usually will cut up any leftovers and use it when we have our grown up tuna noodle casserole recipe. Yes, I know. It isn’t tuna. It’s all good since that recipe works great with tuna, chicken or turkey!
Tequila Recipes – Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Recipe
If you’re worried about the tequila marinade having alcohol in it, don’t be. The heat will destroy the alcohol content, but won’t destroy the taste. This makes it “safe” to eat since there is no alcohol left in the marinade. And trust me. Eat you will want to do! You will want to use boneless skinless chicken breast for these. I don’t personally buy boneless skinless chicken breast at the store very often unless I find a meat deal that follows the ways I save money on meat, but rather I get mine from Zaycon Foods. It’s fresh organic chicken at a great price and it tastes amazing in this recipe!
Ingredients needed to make Tequila Lime Chicken and Tequila Marinade Recipe
- 2 limes (or ¼ cup lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Tequila
- ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoons Cumin
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- 1 – 1 ½ Lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, EVOO, tequila, and spices to make the tequila marinade. If you can, juice the limes yourself with a juicer but if not, the bottle stuff is okay. The fresh stuff tastes better though. Reserve 3 tablespoons of your tequila marinade then pour the rest into a freezer bag or a food storage bowl with lid and add the chicken. Shake the bag to make sure that your chicken breasts are fully coated.
Marinade for 1 hour to overnight. I usually end up doing around 4 hours for ours.
Grill over direct medium heat 4 minutes per side. Move to indirect heat and cook to 170˚on a meat thermometer. Remove from grill and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes. If you really want to kick up the flavor, use wood chips in your grill instead of plain charcoal or propane.
Once the chicken is done, drizzle the tequila marinade that you reserved over the top, slice on the bias and serve warm.
- ¼ Cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Tequila
- ½ teas. Garlic Powder
- ½ teas. Cumin
- ½ teas. Salt
- ¼ teas. Pepper
- 1 – 1 ½ Lbs. Chicken Breasts
- Whisk together all ingredients except the chicken.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of marinade and set aside. Place the Chicken and remaining marinade in a freezer bag or shallow container. Let marinate at least 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Grill over direct medium heat 4 minutes per side. Move to indirect heat and cook to 170˚. Remove from grill and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice on the bias and serve warm, drizzle reserved marinade over the slices if desired.
Click here to learn how you can create a money making blog too!
Tired and feeling like there is more to life? Premium nutrition is your answer! Thrive with me! Click here to read my 8 week Thrive experience review!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- Emergency Preparedness Deals – Week of Oct 22, 2016 - October 22, 2016
- Simple Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe - October 21, 2016
- Essential Oil Gift Ideas – 12 Essential Oil Gifts for the Essential Oil Lover on Your List - October 20, 2016