This post may contain affiliate or referral links that help keep this site running. For more information about this, please see our disclosure policy.
We’re all looking for ways to make extra cash so I thought it would be fun to do a monthly wrap up on how much extra income I made each month. Each month, I will give you the extra income that I made before so that hopefully, you can learn from what I’m doing and help yourself make some extra cash too!
To make extra money, I use a few different sites and apps. My favorites are InstaGC, Superpoints, Swagbucks, Shopkick, Receipt Hog, and Feature Points. I also sell things that we no longer need or things that I may find at the thrift stores for a deal. To sell my items, I use a combo of Swap.com, Ebay, ThredUp and as a last resort (meaning I can’t get it sold anywhere else) I list them on Listia for points that I use to score gift cards.
Ready for the breakdown? I am!
- InstaGC – $281.24 cash to Paypal
- Superpoints – $50.00 Paypal Cash & $50 Amazon Gift Card – Total Earned: $100!
- Swagbucks – $125 Paypal cash, $50 Walmart Gift Card, $10 Burger King gift Card and $10 Amazon Gift Card – Total Earned: $195.00
- Shopkick – $30 Game Stop Gift Card, $40 Walmart Gift Card – Total Earned: $70.00
- Receipt Hog – $40.00 Paypal Cash
- Feature Points – $4.99 (I really neglected Feature Points in July)
- Swap.com – $82.80
- Ebay – $26.00 after fees
- ThredUp – $40.00 cash to Paypal!
- Listia – $50 in Walmart gift cards
Total Extra Income Earned in July 2015: $890.03!!!
Now you might be asking why I include the gift cards. It’s pretty simple. Anything I can use a gift card on, that is cash that stays in my pocket. I use Walmart and Amazon cards for groceries and household supplies so that I don’t have to spend that cash out of pocket. The Game Stop gift card was a rarity, but the power brick for our X-box needed to be replaced so I used the GC instead of cash.
I also do not include any freelance income I made. Why? Because I consider that to be part of my JOB. If it is income from a job, it’s not extra. I’m super excited to see the report for August since I will be adding Usborne Books to the totals as well. That is a side gig for me so I’m super excited to see how much it brings in each month.
So what are you waiting on? Go get started making your own extra income! There’s no reason you can’t and the only thing stopping you is you!
Click here to learn how I made over $100,000 blogging in 2016!