Easy Homemade Finger Paint
Have you ever had a day that would be perfect to give your kids paper, brushes and paint to just create while you did something like laundry or fixed dinner but when you went to the craft cabinet there was no paint? Here is an Easy Homemade Finger Paint solution for that problem. With just a few ingredients and minimal steps to create practically any kitchen will have the tools on hand to give your child a cheap and easy paint for whatever his or her upcoming project may be.
EASY HOMEMADE FINGER PAINT:
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Salt
- 2 Cups Water
- Food Coloring of Choice
In a medium saucepan whisk together flour, salt and water and heat over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until starts to thicken. Remove from heat and pour mixture into small containers (1 container/bowl/cup per color you wish to make). Drop 1-2 droplets of food coloring in each container and stir/whisk until blended. More food coloring makes for darker and brighter colors.
TIPS FOR USE:
- Food Coloring can dye hands so if giving to children you may wish to give them latex or plastic gloves to wear if using as finger paint. If you don’t mind them having multi-colored fingers for a day or two no worries. But always make sure they are painting on a surface that is covered well with newspaper, cloth or butcher paper to prevent stains and that they are wearing a paint smock or old clothes to protect their clothing.
- Add water in ½ cup increments to thin mixture to be used as water colors or traditional paint with a paintbrush for older children.
- If using a thinner mix you may want to make larger quantities and invest in these plastic bottles for storage. This is especially handy for those who babysit, homeschool or own a childcare center. Cleaned and dried empty condiment squeeze bottles also make great containers.
Click here to learn how you can create a money making blog too!
Tired and feeling like there is more to life? Premium nutrition is your answer! Thrive with me! Click here to read my 8 week Thrive experience review!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- Emergency Preparedness Deals – Week of Oct 22, 2016 - October 22, 2016
- Simple Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe - October 21, 2016
- Essential Oil Gift Ideas – 12 Essential Oil Gifts for the Essential Oil Lover on Your List - October 20, 2016