DIY Upcycled Soda Bottle Cloche
If you are not familiar with what a cloche is exactly, they are the lovely glass domes placed over special objects to make them look even more special! Cloches can be found in all sizes and made to fit a variety of items. They look especially sweet during the holidays protecting your favorite ornaments, figurines, and other items close to your heart. If you want to bring the look of cloches into your own home, take a peek at this simple to make upcycled soda bottle cloche. With just a few supplies you can whip one up for just pennies. Take a look!
- Plastic 2 liter soda bottle, clear
- Glass saucer
- Craft glue
- Item for display of your choice
A few things about supplies: We were able to find a pretty clear glass saucer at our local dollar store. Check there for your own or visit a thrift store. They should have tons too. For the glitter, use any color of your choosing. For our display item, we choose a simple glittery church we found for $1 at our local Big Lots store.
1. First, rinse out your soda bottle and remove any labeling. Make sure that you get all of the sugar residue from the soda bottle off.
2. You now want to make the first puncture to begin cutting the bottle. Begin by using the knife to puncture your soda bottle in the spot you wish to start cutting. This will help your scissors get the job done easier.
3. When making your puncture, give yourself more bottle than you think you will need. You will most likely trim it quite a bit to even it up and want to have plenty of bottle to work with.
4. Cut and remove the top half of the bottle. You can now rinse it again and dry it well.
5. Use your scissors to trim the bottom edge up and make it so it sits evenly.
6. Apply some craft glue generously to the lid of the bottle. Sprinkle it with the glitter until it is well coated.
7. On your saucer, add some additional glitter. Set your special object on the saucer.
8. Place your cloche on top of the item. Instantly it will look so special, so charming, and like something out of a specialty boutique.
That’s it! Your guests will have to do a double take to realize you created your own high end looking cloche for just pennies. So gather your supplies and give this simple soda bottle cloche project a try!
Say YES to our emails! Score great financial tips, frugal living tricks, good food and more right to your email!
We hate spam as much as you do and will never sell or rent your email address. You will receive up to 2 emails per week from Six Dollar Family and can unsubscribe at any time.
Click here to learn how you can create a money making blog too!
Tired and feeling like there is more to life? Premium nutrition is your answer! Thrive with me! Click here to read my 8 week Thrive experience review!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner – Easy Way to Clean Makeup Brushes Naturally - October 25, 2016
- Emergency Preparedness – How to Store Emergency Water for Cleaning (Without Having to Dip into Your Drinking Water) - October 24, 2016
- Preparedness Gift Ideas – 31 Gift Ideas for Preppers On Your List - October 24, 2016