DIY Upcycled No Sew Heat Pack
Ever had a stiff neck? How about a migraine or mild back pain? If so, you’ll probably agree that heat can really be your friend when those things are happening. Aside from that? Sometimes they’re just really great to help you relax! Add a heat pack, some DIY bath salts, a few candles and a hot bath? You’ve got an insta-spa environment for pennies on the dollar! The best thing about a heat pack though is how easy they are to put together! You can use any old tee shirt, towel or really any fabric that is able to be microwaved. Rice is easiest to use in your pack because it holds heat really well and it tends to be easier to fill, but you can use sea salt, Epsom salts or even flat stones (but I can’t imagine that stones would be comfortable to use). You could even add a few drops of essential oils to the salts to really create a spa experience! Interested? Read on for how to make your own DIY Upcycled No Sew Heat Pack.
You will need:
- a 6″x6″ square of the fabric of your choice. Stay away from acetates, polyester and any other synthetic fabrics as they may melt when microwaved.
- a 12” x 1” strip of the ribbon color or design of your choice
- Hair tie with no metal or rubber band
- 1 Cup or rice, epsom salt, sea salt or whatever you’re filling your no sew heat pack with
- On a firm surface, place your fabric “face” down and fill with the 1 cup of rice or whatever you’re using for your filling.
- Draw up the 4 corners of your fabric so that they all meet in the center. In other words, you’re going to make a “bag” of sorts.
- Bring up the sides to meet the 4 corners so that there are no open ends that would allow your filling to leak out.
- Using the hair tie or rubber band, secure all ends together then use the ribbon to cover the hair tie for a pretty look.
To heat, place it on a microwave safe dish and zap for 30-45 seconds. If you want a moist heat, bring a bowl of water to a boil in the microwave before you heat the pack, then remove the water and heat like normal. Always be sure that you test how hot the pack actually is before you apply it to your skin to prevent burns and never walk away when it is warming up. It could go splodey and splodey is never a good thing. 🙂
Click here to learn how you can create a money making blog too!
Tired and feeling like there is more to life? Premium nutrition is your answer! Thrive with me! Click here to read my 8 week Thrive experience review!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- Emergency Preparedness Deals – Week of Oct 22, 2016 - October 22, 2016
- Simple Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe - October 21, 2016
- Essential Oil Gift Ideas – 12 Essential Oil Gifts for the Essential Oil Lover on Your List - October 20, 2016