Mmmm! I love going to the spa but my wallet doesn’t. Seriously. It hates the spa. Tells me it’s way too expensive and that I have to find other ways. Lucky for me though, there’s nothing more frugal than learning to make your own beauty products at home. Here’s a recipe that will allow you to have skin that feels like you just came from the spa for a fraction of the cost! These diy sugar scrub bars are so easy to make that you’ll want to make them over and over again! Mine are done in heart shapes but you can use any shape mold that you’d like making this a great gift idea for any occasion! Fully customizable!
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Melt and Pour Soap, shredded (You can get the one I use HERE)
- 3-4 drops Essential Oil of choice – Lavender is a great choice for these!
- 1 cup Sugar
- Red Food Coloring (Optional)
- Silicone Heart Mold or any mold of your choice
In a double boiler, melt your shredded soap. If you do not have a double boiler, you can make a “redneck” one by melting your soap base in a pot that is sitting inside of another pot of boiling water…OR you can just microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Don’t microwave in a metal bowl. The sparks are pretty but it’s not worth it.
Mix in your sugar and stir until well combined. You’ll want it to be a slushy consistency when it’s well combined.
Pour into your molds and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before popping your bars out of the mold. If your sugar and soap mixture gets too thick, microwave and stir on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour.
Say YES to our emails and grab a FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide to Cutting Your Household Expenses! We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. You will receive up to 5 emails per week from Six Dollar Family.
Click here to learn how I made over $100,000 blogging in 2016!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- This Girl Scout Cookies Recipe for Thin Mint Truffles is a Tried and True Favorite! - February 17, 2017
- Don’t Let the Unthinkable Catch You Off Guard with these Emergency Preparation Tips for Single Parents! - February 15, 2017
- This is for the Birds! DIY Upcycled Terra Cotta Bird Bath - February 13, 2017