DIY Glow in the Dark Halloween Ghosts
One of my favorite parts of Halloween is the decorations! We love these Glow In The Dark Handkerchief Ghosts the best though. They are fun, easy and of course the kids just love using glow sticks in anything so this is a special treat for them. We prefer to hang them from the trees in our yard or from the gutters on the edge of our house for the best effect. These dual purpose decorations are cute to look at in the daytime but great at night when you need just a little extra light around the outside of your home at night.
You will need:
- Styrofoam Balls (one for each ghost)
- White Handkerchiefs or small squares of white material (one for each ghost)
- White ribbon or ties
- Black Permanent Marker
- 1 Glow Stick for each ghost
- Fishing Line
- Push Pin or Paperclips
Using screwdriver, create a small hole inside each Styrofoam Ball the size of a glow stick. The whole glow stick doesn’t have to fit into hole but should slide at least 1” in to be secure. Cover each Styrofoam ball with handkerchief leaving side with hole on bottom. Using ribbon, twine or ties secure handkerchief under bottom of ball to form “head”. Using pins or paperclips on top of “head” secure length of fishing line to hang from tree or gutter. Pins are easy and durable for this purpose. Using permanent marker you can create eyes or face on the ghost if desired. Insert glow stick when dark outside and snap for glow in the dark ghosts hanging throughout your yard.
Click here to learn how you can create a money making blog too!
Tired and feeling like there is more to life? Premium nutrition is your answer! Thrive with me! Click here to read my 8 week Thrive experience review!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- Essential Oil Gift Ideas – 12 Essential Oil Gifts for the Essential Oil Lover on Your List - October 20, 2016
- Free Printables – Thanksgiving Menu Planner - October 20, 2016
- Home Organization – 21 Home Organization Tips to Help You Stay Organized This Holiday Season - October 19, 2016