Creepy Candy Dish DIY
Year after year you pass out candy to all of the little trick or treaters who come to your door. This year, why not save a few pieces of candy for you to enjoy after the rush is over? Better yet, why not craft your own festive little bowl to put those treats in? You don’t have to be a super duper crafty queen in order to make your own candy dish, and you don’t even need a whole slew of supplies. In fact, a quick trip to the dollar store is all you need to make your own creepy crafty candy dish as seen here. Want to make one too? Take a peek at how easy it is! This is one Halloween craft that is fun AND frugal too.
- Black ceramic bowl
- Clear glass candlestick
- Assorted plastic Halloween rings
- Hot glue
- Glue gun
- Gorilla glue or heavy duty crafting glue
As mentioned, we were able to find all of the above supplies (with the exception of the glue products) at our local Dollar Tree store. The glue mentioned can be found at any retail or craft store for just a few dollars. While you could just hot glue for this project, it won’t bond the two glass pieces as well as Gorilla or heavy duty crafting glue will. Since we already had the glue on hand, our final price for the supplies used in this project was just $3.
1. Begin by snipping the ring embellishments off of the rings. For example, we snipped the sides of the spider and skeleton rings to the ring portion would be removed and all we had was the decorative piece.
2. On your bowl, place a generous dab of hot glue and apply the embellishment of your choice. Press it firmly into place until it has adhered well.
3. Repeat this process creating a pattern of your choice. As you can see, for our project we did a spider/skeleton pattern that worked well with the black background. Create a pattern that appeals to you.
4. Next, apply a generous amount of heavy duty bonding/crafting glue to the top of the candle holder. Press the bottom of the bowl to the glue and press firmly. Set the piece aside where it can dry without being disturbed.
5. Allow a good couple of hours for the glue to dry and the pieces to bond. Once they have, you are ready to fill your creepy crafty candy bowl with all of the sweet treats of your choosing.
How sweet would this piece look displayed on a mantel or even your office desk? Head to your own dollar store and see what you can dig up to create your own. Happy creepy crawly crafting!
Say YES to our emails and grab a FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide to Cutting Your Household Expenses! We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. You will receive up to 5 emails per week from Six Dollar Family.
Click here to learn how I made over $100,000 blogging in 2016!
Ready to take your blog to the next level? You need a mentor! Let me help you reach your blogging goals!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- How to Save Time & Money When You Stay at a Hotel - January 23, 2017
- Easy Fruit and Yogurt Bites Recipe - January 20, 2017
- Personal Budget – How to Save on Medical Bills with Telehealth - January 19, 2017