Do you dehydrate foods? I do and LOVE it! It makes keeping certain foods fresh and shelf stable so easy! I seriously love using mine so much that I look for things to dehydrate! No joke, my dehydrator has a permanent spot on my kitchen counter. Some people have their mixer there. I keep my dehydrator there. Hey I never said I wasn’t odd sometimes. If you’re just learning how to dehydrate foods though, it can be hard to know exactly how to prepare them and the different types of foods you can actually dehydrate. These 20 dehydrator recipes are just what you need!
Like I said above, if you’re new to dehydrating, it can be kind of confusing as to what you can and can’t run through your dehydrator. If you haven’t even bought your dehydrator yet and are just doing some research, I highly recommend THIS one. It’s the one that I personally use, You can add trays to it and there are other nifty accessories like fruit trays you can purchase if you want to. It works without any accessories though so no worries if you don’t want to buy any right now.
20 Delightful Dehydrator Recipes
With most gardens already harvested or being picked as we speak, now is the perfect time to try these! They’re all awesome and are some of my absolute favorites. Give them a shot and I’m positive you’ll agree!
- Kale Chips
- Dehydrated Mushrooms
- Dehydrated Eggs
- DIY Fruit Leather made from Applesauce
- Dried Chicken Broth (Homemade Bouillon)
- Dehydrated Pears
- Dried Cherries
- Dried Tomato Skin Powder Recipe
- Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
- Dehydrated Potatoes
- Dehydrated Parsley
- Dehydrated Zucchini/Yellow Squash
- DIY Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- Dehydrated Watermelon “Jerky”
- Dehydrated Pumpkin (Plus how to make homemade pumpkin flour)
- Homemade Dehydrator Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips
- Homemade “Instant” Potatoes
- Pineapple Chips
- Dehydrated Pasta Sauce
and of course.
20. Beef Jerky!
Say YES to our emails and grab a FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide to Cutting Your Household Expenses! We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. You will receive up to 5 emails per week from Six Dollar Family.
Click here to learn how you can create a money making blog too!
Ready to take your blog to the next level? You need a mentor! Let me help you reach your blogging goals!
Latest posts by Stacy Barr (see all)
- My Top Emergency Preparation, Homesteading and Simple Living Books for 2017 - January 16, 2017
- Ways to Save Money on Groceries – 11 Tips for Saving Money on Meat - January 16, 2017
- How to Watch TV Online for Free - January 14, 2017